METAFONT mode and resolution of the printer

Denis Bitouzé bitouze@univ-littoral.fr
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:17:10 +0200

Hi,

it is said, in the fptex0.4's doc, paragraph 4.5 'Configure dvips', that
the
METAFONT mode and the resolution of the default printer should be set
up.

    1) I have no idea of what is the METAFONT mode of my default printer
(an HP
Deskjet 895 Cxi).
    2) The resolution of this printer is said to be:
            a) for monochrome print:
                    i) 300*300 in 'Econofast' mode,
                    ii) 600*600 for normal print,
                    iii) 600*600 for best print,
            b) for color print:
                    i) 300*300 in 'Econofast' mode,
                    ii) PhotoRet II for normal print,
                    iii) PhotoRet II for best print.
    3) My default printer (an HP Deskjet 895 Cxi) seems not to be in the
file
modes.mf I found on ftp://ftp.tug.org/tex/modes.mf.

What should I do?

Thanks,

--
Denis.