Installing the ai package

Graciela Herrera Z. ghz@servidor.unam.mx
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:36:28 -0500 (CDT)

Following an advice recently posted to this list, I decided to install the
ai package on my fptex (from TeXLive 3). After unpacking it into the tex
tree, a series of directories are created, including a 'bin' with shell
scripts. These scripts redefine some environment variables for dvips,
to tell it where to find the ai vfs and the .enc files. I translated those
shel scripts to DOS, but dvips doesn't find the .enc files. Could anybody
help me with this? I think the environment variable TEXCONFIG is not used
by dvips the way the manual says. Is this right?

Thanks

José Olivares