texsetup

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
13 Sep 2000 22:21:37 +0200

* Kees Zeelenberg <c.zeelenberg@hccnet.nl> writes:

> I have just installed fpTeX 0.4, using texsetup.exe. It seems that
> texsetup has overwritten all files that were in texmf-var. Is this
> correct? If so, what is the reason for this action?

Maybe not all files, but probably a few configuration files among
which : web2c/texmf.cnf web2c/mktex.cnf web2c/fmtutil.cnf .

You are right : these files should not be overwritten if they exist,
on the other hand, if they exist and are not updated, there are
chances that some things will fail. I can check for their existence
and warn the user that their files will not be updated.

Comments anyone ?

Fabrice