HOMETEXMF

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
09 Sep 2000 00:14:07 +0200

* Prof Brian D Ripley <ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

>> Where does this point on the windows machines?

> Where $HOME is set to!  It is not set by default on Windows, but
> lots of unix-alike tools require it.  If it is not set, to /texmf,
> which is not a good idea if there are multiple drives.

Well, actually, I have changed this in recent versions of kapthsea.
During kpathsea initialisation, I try to locate what windows think is
the home directory of the user if HOME is not defined, and the value I
use is given by this special folder value :

CSIDL_PERSONAL
File  system    directory that serves    as  a  common repository  for
documents. A   typical path is C:\Documents   and Settings\username\My
Documents.

I have not checked wether this value follows each user across the
network. Let me know if it is not a good choice.

Anyway, as Brian said, you can define HOME for your users and make it
point where they want.

--
Fabrice