Windows 95 install problem

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
21 May 2000 21:09:35 +0200

* Janusz S Bien <jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl> writes:

> Whe I try to install TeX Live 5 on Polish Windows 95, the only
> result is a confusing error message

>    Plik WININET.DLL jest polaczony z brakujacym eksportem
> SHLWAPI.DLL: StrNCatA

> which seems to mean "WININET.DLL file is linked/associated with
> missing export SHLWAPI.DLL: StrNCatA".

> What is your advice?

I'll try to find a workaround. It is really annoying, because I tried
it on a raw US Win95 (no service pack), and nothing is flagged. It
meands that something on your system updated wininet.dll, but ommit to
add all the dlls to which it is linked. It is a weird situation. I'll
have a look at my  windows95 configuration tomorrow morning and tell
you more about this.

Fabrice