Beginner's question

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
12 May 2000 23:12:56 +0200

* Handsfield, James H <jhh0@cdc.gov> writes:

> I've just switched from MikTeX to fpTeX and I can't figure out how
> to add packages. I have a SAS output that calls for multirow.sty and
> colortbl.sty.  I've downloaded both items, but I apparently didn't
> put them in the right place, or I didn't re-configure fpTeX properly
> to find them, or . . .

For this kind of packages, you need to follow these rules :

1 - be TDS compliant, ie put them in :
c:/TeX/texmf/tex/latex/multirow/multirow.sty
c:/TeX/texmf/tex/latex/carlisle/colortbl.sty

2 - rebuild the ls-R tree :
c:\>mktexlsr

In case of doubt, after the second step, `kpsewhich' should be able to
locate the files :
c:\>kpsewhich multirow.sty
d:/Local/TeXLive/texmf/tex/latex/multirow/multirow.sty

Fabrice