windvi from TeXLive 4 problems

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
13 Jan 2000 21:45:53 +0100

* Jose Luis Olivares V <ghz@servidor.unam.mx> writes:

> Hello: I installed TeXLive 4 on a machine with Win NT 4.0 SP 4 and I
> have the following problem with windvi: whenever I close the program
> I get a message about it not being able to save settings. Everything
> else works fine (automatic font generation, ps inclusions via gs,
> etc.). I don't see any windvi.cnf in TeX tree, or in my HOME
> dir. How can I fix this?

Set HOME to something like c:/home .
Also, please all of you who are reading this list can upgrade to :
ftp://ftp.ese-metz.fr/pub/tex/win32-beta/windvi-0.66-pre6.exe

It should handle the cas where HOME is not defined and set it to the
directory Windows consider to be your home like this :

D:\>kpsewhich --expand-path $HOME
c:\Documents and Settings\Fabrice POPINEAU\My Documents

Fabrice