pdfTeX (fpTeX and teTeX)

Rolf Niepraschk niepraschk@ChbRB.berlin.ptb.de
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:19:52 EST

Fabrice Popineau writes:

> * Rolf Niepraschk <niepraschk@ChbRB.berlin.ptb.de> writes:
> > Hello, I have tried to use "pdfTeX 14d" from `fptex-0.4alpha1' with
> > the shared files from my newest teTeX installation (20000111).  It
> > doesn't work. I get
> >
> >    Fatal format file error: I'm stymied
>
> fmtutil --byfmt=pdflatex --dolinks
>
> should rebuild the format.

I have try it with

  fmtutil --byfmt=pdflatex --fmtdir=.

and get

  FMTUTIL: $TEXMFMAIN is undefined or points to a non-existent
  directory

Then

  kpsewhich --expand-var=$TEXMFMAIN
  //HAL/TMP/TEX/share/texmf

"HAL" is a Linux PC with the teTeX-Installation . What is wrong?

This was only a test. I don't really want to create a new format. I want
share the existing format from my teTeX-Installation. I think, I must
wait until teTeX and fpTeX have the same versions of pdfTeX...

...Rolf