half symbols

luis@lsu.edu luis@lsu.edu
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:17:18 -0500

i need somebodys help to a very frustrating  problem ( have wasted
   hrs in this stupid thing)

  i am using fptex

  Tex (Web2c  7.3.2x) 3.1415 (one of the latest versions of this i suppose)

   I am trying to use Type1 fonts to enhance the readibility of
   the vugraphs for my class.

   i follow the following steps.

   latex -> dvi -> .ps -> .pdf       (using ps2pdf in the last step)

   when i view the .pdf using  ghostview or  Adobe Acrobat  Reader
   all see to be ok.

   when i sent the .pdf to the printer i get half integrals, sum symbols,
   parenthesis, etc. i tried the distiller (from Acrobat) for the .ps ->
.pdf
   step but the problem persisted.

   i also tried pdflatex to generate the .pdf
   with some of the vugraphs that did not import graphics.
   but the problem is the same. indeed, i really do not want to use
   latexpdf -> .pdf because all my graphics are from splus
   where i generate .ps files.

   any help would be greatly appreciated.

   Regards, Luis A