windvi-0_66-pre6 printing

Bob Howlett bobh@maths.usyd.edu.au
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 17:53:26 +1000

Hi,

I don't usually print from windvi but when I did today
I found that the text was moved about .5 cm to the right and about
.5 cm down from where I thought it should have been.
Printing using my usual method (i.e. using dvips first to
make a postscript file) put things where I though they should
be.
My config.ps file has the line
O 0pt,0pt
---i.e. no fiddling with the offsets there---and windvi.cnf has
Offset=
xOffset=
yOffset=
so nothing there either.

Why do the two printing methods give different results?
There is no problem with the font resolution---the text itself
seems exactly the same.

Looking in the "Properties" associated with that printer,
I find that there is an "unprintable area" of about a half a
centimetre from the edges of the page. Can it be that windvi
starts its calculations from the edge of the unprintable area
instead of the edge of the paper?

Bob Howlett