windvi & print

Michael V. Topunov mtop73@caravan.ru
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 18:19:41 +0400

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BF0B70.5D466380

Dear Fabrice,

>If I understand correctly, the glyphs are upside down in their box.
>This has been reported twice. Here is the explanation. By
>compatibility with windvi, byte ordering and things like that, the
>glyphs are build upside-down. Windows does support both normal bitmaps
>and upside-down bitmaps by giving a negative height. However, some
>printer drivers seems to ignore the direction (sign of height).
>
>So either I remove the use of upside-down bitmaps (but it will take
>some time because the computations done here, especially in the
>shrinking code, are not obvious), or in the mean time I would like to
>now if there is any chance that upgrading the printer driver could
>give the right result.

I have download the newest version of the printer driver (my printer is =
OKIDATA OKIPAGE 4w) but it does not help.

And what about of ViewLog thread errors ?
Yours sincerely,
Michael V. Topunov

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BF0B70.5D466380

<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dkoi8-r =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#b8b8b8>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3D"Arial Cyr">Dear Fabrice,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;If I understand correctly, the glyphs are upside down in their=20
box.<BR>&gt;This has been reported twice. Here is the explanation.=20
By<BR>&gt;compatibility with windvi, byte ordering and things like that, =

the<BR>&gt;glyphs are build upside-down. Windows does support both =
normal=20
bitmaps<BR>&gt;and upside-down bitmaps by giving a negative height. =
However,=20
some<BR>&gt;printer drivers seems to ignore the direction (sign of=20
height).<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;So either I remove the use of upside-down =
bitmaps (but=20
it will take<BR>&gt;some time because the computations done here, =
especially in=20
the<BR>&gt;shrinking code, are not obvious), or in the mean time I would =
like=20
to<BR>&gt;now if there is any chance that upgrading the printer driver=20
could<BR>&gt;give the right result.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3D"Arial Cyr">I have download the newest =
version of=20
the printer driver (my printer is OKIDATA OKIPAGE 4w) but it does not=20
help.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Arial Cyr">And what about of ViewLog thread errors=20
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Yours sincerely,</DIV>
<DIV>Michael V. Topunov</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BF0B70.5D466380--