windvi & print

Fabrice POPINEAU Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
30 Sep 1999 08:55:20 +0200

"Michael V. Topunov" <mtop73@caravan.ru> writes:

> 1. Output printing is still fantastic --- every  letter, symbol, etc. is turned over. It is not a
> mirror-like output : every symbol stays at its box, but turned over in it.

If I understand correctly, the glyphs are upside down in their box.
This has been reported twice. Here is the explanation. By
compatibility with windvi, byte ordering and things like that, the
glyphs are build upside-down. Windows does support both normal bitmaps
and upside-down bitmaps by giving a negative height. However, some
printer drivers seems to ignore the direction (sign of height).

So either I remove the use of upside-down bitmaps (but it will take
some time because the computations done here, especially in the
shrinking code, are not obvious), or in the mean time I would like to
now if there is any chance that upgrading the printer driver could
give the right result.

Thanks for your report,

Fabrice