windvi 0.66 pre4

Bob Howlett bobh@maths.usyd.edu.au
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:39:09 +1000

Fabrice POPINEAU wrote:

> Bob Howlett <bobh@maths.usyd.edu.au> writes:
>
> > Fabrice POPINEAU wrote:
> > > Now, I would really like to sort out all the other (small or big)
> > > problems.
> > > Fabrice Popineau
> >

> > Well, I would like it to handle papersize and/or landscape specials.
> > (Currently the message
> > special not handled: papersize=297mm,210mm
> > appears a great many times in the log file -- every time I move to
> > a different position in the file this same message gets
> > written to the logfile again, which is certainly excessive.)
>
> I think handling these specials could be an option, like disabling the
> log window could be one.
>
> Fabrice

I actually tried to use the -hushspecials command line option,
but it didn't seem to work.
In principle, I quite like having the log window there.

The reason I'd like to have landscape and/or papersize specials
supported
is because I use landscape frequently: my tutorial question sheets are
printed on A4 paper at 12 pt in portrait mode, and then when I do the
solutions I use 10 pt and landscape, two tex pages side by side on the
sheet.
So half the time when I use windvi I want the papersize to he a4 and
half
the time I want it to be a4r. Of course it doesn't do me any harm
changing it again everytime I start windvi, but it is a very minor
annoyance.

Bob