cannot find localtexmf, need help.

Klaus Hoeppner k.hoeppner@physik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 18:44:49 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Massimo Pinto wrote:
> Sorry but I must be missing something in my texmf.cnf : I cannot make LaTeX
> find my style files in localtexmf and the variuos subdirectories. When I
> run mktexlsr it updates the database from entries in c:/localtexmf but when
> it is time to use them, no way!

In principle, the settings

> TEXMFLOCAL=C:/localtexmf
> TEXMFEXTRA=e:/texmf
> TEXMF = {!!$TEXMFLOCAL;!!$TEXMFMAIN;!!$TEXMFEXTRA}

look ok. Could your problem be, that latex doesn't find your own styles,
may have the reason that your style files are located directly in the
directory c:/localtexmf, while

> TEXINPUTS.latex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic,}//

indicates that latex expects to find your local styles in a subdirectory
of c:/localtexmf/tex/latex or c:/localtexmf/tex/generic or
c:/localtexmf/tex (in this order)?

Regards,
Klaus

PS: You can check where latex looks for its input files by
kpsewhich -progname=latex -show-path=tex