mktex*

Bob Howlett bobh@maths.usyd.edu.au
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 14:45:42 +1000

Hi folks,

Never having used mktextfm, I decided to do a test. I renamed
cmr12.tfm to something else and then tried to tex a file that used
this font.
mktextfm ran and started metafont, but there was something wrong:
here is an excerpt of what metafont said.

                   ;
<*> \mode:=;
             mag:=1; nonstopmode; input cmr12
?
! Emergency stop.
<inserted text>
                0
<to be read again>
                   ;
<*> \mode:=;
             mag:=1; nonstopmode; input cmr12
Transcript written on mfput.log.
mktextfm: warning: can't open log file cmr12.log.
mktextfm: `mf "\mode:=; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input cmr12"' failed.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

In my mktex.cnf file I have
: ${MODE=ljfour}
: ${BDPI=600}
: ${MT_FEATURES=dosnames:nomode:stripsupplier:striptypeface}

but it seems the the metafont mode is not getting through
somehow.

Bob Howlett