TeX Live 4 test release

Fabrice Popineau popineau@ese-metz.fr
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 14:48:48 +0100

You won't believe it : I have been able to split the TeXLive install
using InstallShield and thanks to (another) one of their technical
support guys.

So I'm able to complete  the TeXLive setup using it.
I might even ask user if she wants to install pk files (this requires
to split the project in 3 parts instead of 2, but that's the same...
Hmmm I hope so, who knows after all :-) )

I have followed the *wise* advice of Claas Hilbrecht too and
got the demo of the Wise installer (www.wisesolutions.com)
At least one good point : there are far fewer messages in their
knowledge base than in the one of InstallShield -> probably
less bugs ! I had some other good report about this product,
but unfortunately already bought IS at this time. If the demo is
enough easier to use and the result seems safer (it is a
fully functional demo except you can only run the setup on the
machine where it has been generated), I might switch.

Else I will go on with my own installer.

Fabrice