zip files

Fabrice POPINEAU popineau@ese-metz.fr
17 Mar 1999 17:55:01 +0100

Zip files for fptex-0.3beta3 are available from :

ftp://ftp.ese-metz.fr/pub/TeX/win32-beta/fptex-0.3/beta3/Basic
ftp://ftp.ese-metz.fr/pub/TeX/win32-beta/fptex-0.3/beta3/Recommended
ftp://ftp.ese-metz.fr/pub/TeX/win32-beta/fptex-0.3/beta3/Full

This is based on web2c-7.3beta7.
There is documentation for the new options (tcx files) provided by
Olaf Weber and Stanis/law Wawrykiewicz.
There is also a new Omega 1.7 with some exciting features. But I have
not been able to add the texmf files support before packaging
this. And anyway the documentation is not yet ready.

Some (not all) reported bug for windvi have been fixed.

You might wonder : no more InstallShield installer ?
The short answer : maybe not.

The long answer: it appears that until now, IS is not able to handle
the installation of TeXLive 4. (Some Might say: I have not been able
to let IS handle the installation. But given that the examples
provided by IS in their documentation are in contradiction with what
the technical support claims, the process might take a long time)

So  unless the  technical support  will provide me  quickly  with some
workarounds for the  problems (not to  say bugs) I experienced, I will
revert to zip  files and  devising my  own installation scheme.    I'm
already working on the wizard that will handle it,  and had I knew all
the problems, I would have done this first. And never tried IS.

I want to apologize for those *unexpected* problems and all the time
lost.

If anybody is an expert (or just want to argue about the pros and cons
of installers) in using IS5.1, let me know ;-)

--
Fabrice