WinEdt

Juan I. Montijano monti@posta.unizar.es
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 18:07:43 +0100

Fabrice POPINEAU wrote:

> Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@elsevier.co.uk> writes:
>
> > the last time I set up winedt, it called .bat files to do its job, is
> > that no longer true? they are of course not really needed for fpTeX
>
> Yes, it still does. It seems the main interest is viewing what
> happened before closing the window. All those .bat terminate with
> 'pause'.
>
> And for tools like previewers, 'yap' is called directly from
> configuration files. No .bat . This file will need some editing.
>
> I really need that somebody acquainted to WinEdt help me put up sensible
> configuration files.
>
> --
> Fabrice

I have installed WinEdt and FPTeX and Gostview and all in my Department that
have Windows 95 or NT systems use them.  It is really a great combination.

If you want, I can tell you how we have configured these packages in WinEdt
and I can send you my configuration files (I use .bat files because they
allow me to control environment variables, execute TeX and then execute a
DVI previewer, etc.)

Concerning the the registry keys, I have installed ghostcript and WinEdt
with no keys at all.

Enjoy the software that Fabrice and many other people kindly give us !

---
Juan Ignacio

--
Juan I. Montijano              e-mail:  monti@posta.unizar.es
Dept. Matematica Aplicada      Tf.:     +34 976 761120