Compatibility of WinDVI 0.63 with MiKTeX 1.20b

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:47:13 +0000 (GMT)

John Hillas writes:
 > My impression then was that the main differences between the
 > distributions were 1) the dvi viewers, 2) fpTeX's close
 > relationship to teTeX, which is something of a standard on
 > UNIX, and 3) MiKTeX's ease of setup.  Since that time fpTeX

from my (system manager) point of view, 2). i can be sure that Unix
and Windows systems are identical, can share format files, ls-R files
etc. in a mixed environment, very important!

if i only ever used Windows (god forbid) i'd probably use Y&Y TeX,
actually, as I think their previewer is the best there is

Sebastian