dvips

Eli Zaretskii eliz@is.elta.co.il
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:56:12 +0300 (IDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Bob Howlett wrote:

> (Myself, I much prefer a ps file to be created,
> since I always want to look at the output with gsview before
> printing it.)

Then you should edit config.ps to do that, or set the DVIPSRC
environment variable to point to your private configuration file that
overrides the default setting.

Users that have special needs should bite the bullet and customize
their installation.  The default settings are not supposed to satisfy
the needs of everybody.

Also, sticking to the same default behavior as on Unix means that the
documentation is consistently describing what the program does on any
platform.  People who actually read the docs find that reassuring ;-)