dvips

Eli Zaretskii eliz@is.elta.co.il
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:55:31 +0300 (IDT)

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Erling D. Andersen wrote:

> In the new fptex installation dvips sends output to ->lpr. To me it seems
> a bit strange default on a PC based system. I think sending to
> a file would be more reasonable.

IMHO, the reasonable thing is to produce the same effect as the Unix
default does.  In other words, when the dvips configuration file says
"|lpr", the Windows version should print to the local printer.  This
will produce the same effect as piping to lpr on Unix.

Fabrice, I thought that you did some changes to add such a feature, no?