dvips doesn't find config.ps under (my setup with) Win 98

Fabrice Popineau fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:04:20 +0200

> Having found that it works, I thought I would be fancy
> and achieve the same effect by putting a new line
> in texmf.cnf -- but it didn't work. Did I do
> something wrong, or is this method impossible?

I didn't bother that much about being able to set this variable
in texmf.cnf, but basically, the redirection is one of the
very  first things that kpathsea does, and it is way before
texmf.cnf is read. So, you can't set in texmf.cnf. Anyway,
it is expected to be used just for debugging purpose.

Fabrice