windvi - fail saving options.

Fabrice Popineau fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:45:44 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Rychetský Pavel PharmDr <rychetskyp@mpsv.cz>
To: 'Fabrice Popineau' <fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 1999 9:08 AM
Subject: RE: windvi - fail saving options.

> > > what does mean "Fail saving options" after exiting windvi
> > (0.59, 0.62,
> > > 0.63)?
> >
> > It tries to write on $HOME/windvi.cnf and fails to open it
> > for writing.
> > If HOME is undefined, it tries c:/windvi.cnf .
> >
> > This is a permission problem. Check for HOME directory existence,
> > windvi.cnf being read-only or such.
> >
> > Fabrice
> >
> There were enviroment variables
>
> HOME=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
> HOMEDRIVE=C:
> HOMEPATH=\users\default
>
> in my system.
>
> Everything is OK after setting HOME=c:\users\default.

I'd really like to know why under NT, setting HOME to
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% in the control panel/system/environment
results in either an expanded HOME under the console (for me) or an
unexpanded HOME for others like Pavel. Is there some kind of option
to turn this expansion on/off ?

I think I will solve the problem the hardway and get HOME from the registry
under NT (or any other hack).

Fabrice