libwww 5.2.8

Thomas Esser te@informatik.uni-hannover.de
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:56:53 +0200 (MET DST)

> Is there any point in splitting libwww in several parts ?

I have no idea why the libwww maintainers have switched from a one-file
library to a many-file library. I am not even sure if the new packing
scheme is stable or if it is going to change with each new release.

The libwww that is distributed in my betas is still an older (one-file)
library.

> There are so many of them ... It seems easier even
> under windows to leave it in one file.
>
> Any opinion ?

Do you plan to use the very latest libwww for windvi?

Thomas