fptex-0.4alpha1

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
22 Dec 1999 02:11:47 +0100

You will find the current state of developpement for fpTeX 0.4 :
ftp://ftp.ese-metz.fr/pub/tex/win32-beta/fptex-0.4alpha1

Please, beware : this is really alpha stuff. I have not checked
carefully what is packaged. The documentation about the extensions
(some are not yet agreed to be put in web2c !) will follow in a few
days. Help messages for the tex engines concerned have been enhanced.

To use theses packages :

1 - unpack the latest (26/11/1999b) teTeX texmf tree somewhere
2 - unzip most of the zip packages from fptex-0.4alpha1 on top of
this. Beware : .pool files are not compatible, so you must overwrite
the teTeX stuff.
3 - I assume you know how to configure a basic web2c system.
4 - provided I have not forgotten files, it should work because I use
it in this state for a few monthes now.

The changes wrt to 0.3 will be documented separately. There is a
completely different installation system being working on, more
modular than the previous InstallShield based one. More on this soon.

Ok, enough for this evening and thanks for any comments,

--
Fabrice Popineau