windvi & termination

Fabrice Popineau popineau@ese-metz.fr
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:41:47 +0200

There is somthing odd I have fixed right now. The problem is that
windvi does not always terminate correctly. However, I can't say
when this is happening. I suspect some bad interaction in the code,
so I have forced termination by all means. This is not the solution
I prefer.

The problem is linked to the log window: it is running in its own
thread, communicating with a pipe with the main thread. When
the pipe is closed, the read at the other end does not see that
the pipe has been broken, or rather not always. Anybody having
some insights abouth this can contact me.

I'm also interested in people using 0.62 and *not* having the problem:
what os, what service pack ?

Thanks in advance,

Fabrice