windvi 0.55

Erik Frambach E.H.M.Frambach@eco.rug.nl
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 08:57:22 +0100

> 1. Log window: when copied to e.g. Notepad and then saved to file there
>    is no any newline characters, so how can I send you the contents? ;-)
>    It also would be nice removing non active X button since you prefer
>    `Dismiss' bar.

Personally I much prefer the "x" button. The "Dismiss" bar is rather
unusual. But I'm glad the Dismiss bar now gets focus so I can just
hit the space bar to close the log file window. And Alt-F4 works too.
Nice! And it closes automatically together with Windvi. Realy nice!

I don't know if the bug is still there but some time ago I noticed that
their was a limit to the number of lines that the log file would display.
This happened after generating lots and lots of fonts, so I guess there
were a thousand lines or more. Maybe there should be a maximum of
let's say one thousand lines (configurable?). If the log becomes bigger,
dump lines at the beginning, but always display new lines in the log.

Greetings,
Erik Frambach