color support

Fabrice POPINEAU popineau@esemetz.ese-metz.fr
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 17:47:02 +0200

Hi,

Just to keep you informed.

I'm a bit late as per  usual.  Color support is  far less trivial than
expected.  Being able to navigate through  the document means you need
to turn pre-scaning on, and to memoize all kinds of color stack states
... Anyway, it seems to be done (or almost  ...  test it and tell me).
Some  cleanups    to   do and   windvi54.zip     should be   available
tomorrow. Given the information memoized, I have also tried to setup a
palette for 256colors displays. Anti-aliasing   is turned on only  for
b&w text.

One   drawback  yet :  I  have not  found  how  to honour \pagecolor{}
together with ps inclusions. I mean : gs is redrawing the page itself,
and I should find a way to tell him that the background is not white.

About printing : I will have things to say, but needs some more
testing.

As soon as this seems stable, I will focus on the installer and
texconfig.

Fabrice