Some questions regarding Xemacs on Windows 98

Fabrice POPINEAU popineau@ese-metz.fr
03 Nov 1998 08:16:49 +0100

chj@lin.foa.se (Christian J|nsson) writes:

> Hello everybody!
>

> What about printing a buffer? Could it be made to work?

Yes ... given some adaptations. I can 'pretty print' buffers ...

> Further, I cannot run latex by using the C-c C-c auctex command. That is, when
> issuing C-c C-c while visiting a .tex file, having the tex-site.el file load
> prior to visiting, the latex binary is started but it can't locate its file
> that is given as argument. Is this also known?

By default, the command-line quoting is for unix :-(

Running `LaTeX' on `sujet' with ``latex '\nonstopmode\input{sujet.tex}'''
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2c 7.2)
! I can't find file `''.
<to be read again>
                   \nonstopmode
<*> '\nonstopmode
                 \input{sujet.tex}'
Please type another input file name:

Some configuration needed it  seems...  XEmacs is very  well-done (I'm
using it right now), but still needs to borrow win9x-isms from NTEmacs
to run smoothly (outside  cygwin env !) . All  these small  things can
take quite long to track down.

Fabrice