windvi 0.52

Fabrice POPINEAU popineau@esemetz.ese-metz.fr
21 Jul 1998 09:34:36 +0200

"Vladimir L. Vyazovkin" <vyaz@ns.kinetics.nsc.ru> writes:

Thanks for your report.

> Question: Why windvi.cnf file is placed in the root directory of
>           C: drive, and not in share/texmf/web2c folder together
> with             TeX configurational files?

You can place it in the share/texmf/web2c , but it will be the same
for all users of windvi if you are on a network. So in texmf/web2c, it
is a site configuration file. If you want a user configuration file,
either you have a $HOME env. var. and windvi.cnf will be looked for
here, else it will be looked for in c:\ . I know I should have changed
that for the System Directory of windows (that is safer).

I'm looking into other problems.

Fabrice