[Fontinst] Need help with Hoefler Text Type1

John D Lamb J.D.Lamb at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 24 08:49:15 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 16:58 +0200, Robin Schwab wrote:
> Thanks John and Lars for the help provided. Hoefler text is now working with
> switchable hanging and lining figures, ligatures and swashes.
>
> However I'm not shure wether it is a good idea to use the expert superscript
> figures for endnotes. What do you think?

I would use the expert superscripts rather than scaled-down figures or
superscripts from another font. Philipp Lehman's Font installation guide
tells you how to use the superscripts for footnotes rather than the
LaTeX default, which I believe is to use the font at superscript size
(which for CMR gives a similar effect). I don't know for sure if the
same method will work for the endnote package, though I've no reason to
suppose it won't.

Personally, I don't use endnotes at all and prefer asterisks and daggers
for footnotes if I have to use them. I think it looks much better to use
marginal notes. These seldom require any superscript. However, I am
fortunate to have a choice.

--
JDL