[Fontinst] Lehman's nfssext.sty file

Philipp Lehman lehman at gmx.net
Fri Mar 25 16:08:49 CET 2005

Am Freitag, 25. März 2005 15:28 schrieb Juan M Alberdi:

> Feewww, quite a slippery slope I'm afraid.

Indeed, but you can't have it both ways. Another alternative would be
using some kind of delimiter to mark the end of the family name.
You'd have names such as "foo", "foo-x", and "foo-j" then. This would
allow "foo" as the most basic name, but you'd have to modifiy the
names of the other families.

> For the moment I'll keep
> to a 3-letter family name, changing my Scala Sans from fsas to fs8.

That's what I'm doing as well. In most cases, using a more advanced
model is not really worth the trouble. Apart from satisfying font
naming requirements there's no additional benefit.

--
Philipp Lehman <lehman at gmx.net>