[edutex] Answer pages

Frank Quinn quinn at math.vt.edu
Tue Feb 2 02:49:30 CET 2010

I've added proposals for syntax and functionality related to answer
pages, on the Syntax page of the wiki.

Answer pages play a crucial role in our materials (make them 'learning
environments' rather than just tests) and having easy and convenient
functionality is very important. Ideas about other or better
functionality are very welcome.

I know some of these features cannot be implemented in a
straightforward way. They are driven by pedagogy, not by features of
pdf. My plan is:

-- Collect a list of specific features that we can't do. Send to me,
or to this list, or enter on the 'Implementation Problems' section of
the Syntax page.

-- If essentially equivalent things can be done reasonably easily then
ok, but I want to avoid clunky compromises or clunky and awkward
workarounds.

-- I will then contact Adobe to see if I can negotiate something.

Thanks, Frank