[dvipdfmx] Intermittent xdvipdfmx failure

Tim Eyre mail at nihilist.org.uk
Sun Jan 24 15:20:42 CET 2021

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 at 13:36, Shunsaku Hirata <shunsaku.hirata74 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the report.
>
> I tried to reproduce the problem but was unable to do so.
>
> As I don't own the same installation as you, I had used my
> own build of dvipdfmx 20201111 on MinGW/Win10.
> The provided example was processed hundreds of times
> but I had no chance to observe the same error.
>
> I also tried the valgrind program to verify memory related
> errors on Ubuntu on VirtualBox, but no access violation
> error was detected.
>

> Thanks,
> Shunsaku Hirata

Hirata-san,

I have just verified that the error reproduces using the xetex-w32.tar.xz
and dvipdfm-w32.tar.xz binaries currently located at
https://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CTAN/systems/win32/w32tex/.
MD5sums: 1a4f31fca9a87ac386a2eb95516b0364
and cfbe5d6fceaddf16a403b269f8b5aed2

I'd be very happy to run a copy of your local build to see if the crash
reproduces with your binary on my system.

Tim