[dvipdfmx] bug with inclusion of a PNG

Shunsaku Hirata shunsaku.hirata74 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 19:25:51 CET 2021

> It seems to me that a PDF file with a CalRGB entry would have to contain an ICC Profile in order to be PDF/X compliant. Would anyone be able to chime on that?

The CalRGB color space is a calibrated color space that does not use
an ICC profile.
In these color spaces, colors are specified in a way that is
independent of the characteristics of any particular output device.
The CalRGB color space is characterized by just a few parameters while
ICC profile is more complicated.

I think PDF/X-3 and above allow both CalRGB and ICCBased (color space
with ICC profile).
If you want PDF/X-1a compliance you need to convert them to CMYK.

Thanks,
Shunsaku Hirata