[dvipdfmx] dvipdfmx: wrong exit status

Shunsaku Hirata shunsaku.hirata74 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:29:17 CET 2021

It's OK to change the dvipdfmx behavior when an image is
not found.

But dvipdfmx also continues processing when there is an
unprocessed special command, e.g., due to  syntax error.
In this case too the output may not be as the user expects.

For inconsistent font metrics problems, missing glyphs, and
in various other situations, dvipdfmx just gives a warning but
not aborts with bad status. All these situations can result in
an inconsistent output.

Maybe I need to reconsider how much dvipdfmx can tolerate.
I will consider this later again.

Thanks,
Shunsaku Hirata