[dvipdfmx] writing an uncompress stream

Shunsaku Hirata shunsaku.hirata74 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:18:37 CET 2021

I think dvipdfmx doesn't compress stream objects having /Type /Metadata.
See, the following ChangeLog entry.

2016-06-25  Shunsaku Hirata  <shunsaku.hirata74 at gmail.com>

        Modify to make PDF/A generation a bit easier.
        * pdfobj.c: Do not compress XMP Metadata.
        * cidtype2.c, type1.c, type1c.c: Always write CIDSet for CIDType2 and
        CharSet for Type1 font. Check consistency of glyph width.

If adding a new option to control compression behavior is still
preferred, please let me know. Implementation itself is quite easy.

Thanks,
Shunsaku Hirata