[dvipdfmx] pdf:bxgstate fails if other packages add opacity too

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Sep 4 08:43:47 CEST 2020

> I think merging resource dictionary is still not properly done when
> it’s entry is supplied as an indirect object via pdf:put.

both tikz and also our pdfresources project uses one global indirect object
for resources like ExtGState and ColorSpace used by all pages.

The first is used a lot, and the second hopefully will be used in the
future. So probably it isn't really needed that dvipdfmx tries at
first to create individual entries per page and do complicated merges,
at the end most documents will have a global object. You could provide
an @extgstate object, and everyone could simply use it (additionally,
to be on the safe side you could merge with other objects containing
extgstate entries.) And similar for ColorSpace.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ulrike Fischer