[dvipdfmx] "mktexpk" is not disabled for fonts loaded by relative path

Shunsaku Hirata shunsaku.hirata74 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:03:18 CEST 2020

Hi,

Where can I find a document mentioning the correct behavior?

I tested pdftex and observed different behavior than tex+dvips.

And also, for

  \font\x=./cmr10 \x e \bye

with only "cmr10.tfm" copied to the current directory, dvips
fails to map "./cmr10" to cmr10.pfb, not invoking mktexpk,
and finally falls back to a pk font version of cmr10.

I don't know if this is desirable behavior.
I expected only the font name "cmr10" is used as a key for
looking up fontmaps and it is mapped to cmr10.pfb according
to the default fontmap file.

Thanks,
Shunsaku Hirata