[dvipdfmx] missing annotation rectangle if the box contains no glyph

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jun 29 18:37:04 CEST 2020

> For this issue, I have added two new special commands:

> * pdf:xann

This looks very fine. Can I ask for another feature?

Could \special{pdf:bann be extended to accept a @name so that the
annotation object can be referenced?

In case that the \special creates more than one annotation object
(which could happen if the link goes over more lines) then it is fine
if the @name refer simply to the first of such a serie (that is
similar to the behaviour of \pdflastlink in pdftex).

A reference to such an annotation is needed if one wants to tagged the
pdf: one has to add a reference to the annotation in the structure
object.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ulrike Fischer