[dvipdfmx] improving color stack in xdvipdfmx

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Jun 25 12:11:42 CEST 2020

>> What is with the resource management? I guess the packages will have
>> to add the /ColorSpace to the page resources?

> No, dvipdfmx will manage color space resources. No need for users to
> manually add the /ColorSpace to the page resources.

>> Or if xdvipdfmx wants to do the management, how can then be avoided
>> that it clashes with other additions? E.g. tikz is adding this:
>>
>> <</pgfprgb[/Pattern/DeviceRGB]>>

> I understand a clash can occur, but I think still there is a way to avoid
> clashes. I will try implementing it later.

If xdvipdfmx does the management then something like this

\special{pdf:obj @pgfpattern [/Pattern/DeviceRGB]}

\special{pdf:bcolor @pgfpattern [1.0 0.4 0]} .... \special{pdf:ecolor}

should work and add the pattern to the ColorSpace resource, doesn't it?

This would mean that pgf should adapt its backend code (and would need
a way to identify the xdvipdfmx version).

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ulrike Fischer