[dviout] unusual chars in dviout filenames

OTOBE Yoshiki otobe at math.shinshu-u.ac.jp
Mon Feb 10 04:16:57 CET 2014

Dear Karl,

The name "naochan!" is a pen name of somebody who
implemented dviout to show dvi files of vertical direction,
and naochan!.tex was a simple experimental file of
typesetting and showing the vertical typeset document.
So I agree to change the name, and also I would like to
propose to eliminate the file itself from the distribution,
or to provide an alternative simpler file to confirm the
dviout settings whose file name would be much clearer
to express its purpose (e.g., "test_vertical.tex" or so on).

For dvi$pdf.bat file, the name itself has so far a special meaning.
It does not intend to simply convert a dvi to pdf.
It is a part of "save as image".
dviout will call dvi$xxx.bat automatically when a user
select "save as image" and choose xxx as an extension of
the image file. It is easy to change the procedure, but probably
we should choose a new naming system of the batch files
to be called automatically.
Do you have any good idea?

Best,

Yoshiki