[dviout] Settings of dviout in TeX Live

KUROKI Yusuke kuroky at users.sourceforge.jp
Wed Aug 28 15:24:25 CEST 2013

Hi, Tomek,

I would like to be back to the main subject.
I (and probably you) have misunderstood the manners of dviout.

While calling dviout with -NULL option,
dviout writes down its settings (depending on a user) in the registry,
but it cannot use the settings in the registry nor install.par.
(Note. The file ``install.par'' can provide the initial settings
       for each user.  Since the regstry settings precede
       the settings in install.par, it provides the initial settings.)

Therefore, -NULL option just brings a confusion for users.
My proposal in the first message could be a better solution
for distributing dviout in the TeX Live.

Thanks,
-- Yusuke

--
黒木 裕介 (KUROKI Yusuke)