[dviout] Settings of dviout in TeX Live

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:35:49 CEST 2013

On 27 August 2013 13:26, KUROKI Yusuke <kuroky at users.sourceforge.jp> wrote:
> Hi, Tomek,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
>> writing settings into
>> the registry is something we don't want in TL
>
> It is the fact that TL write down the keys in the registry under
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Classes/TL.* .
> So, using registry is not the special case for TL, I guess.
> Wdyt?

This is in fact a special case that is managed through tlmgr (choosing
portable installation disables this).

What I meant, is that we don't want to manage the stuff in the
registry for other programs (not directly developed/maintained by us).
 This would be problematic for our package management (install,
uninstall) and portable use that we support.

All I can suggest ATM is that you install dviout independent of TL.

Tomek