[dviout] canvas background colour

Stephan Hennig stephanhennig at arcor.de
Wed May 25 14:00:55 CEST 2011

[Sending from the registered account this time.]

Yoshiki,

schrieb OTOBE Yoshiki:

> The default background color of dviout is "APPWORKSPACE",
> which is the background for "Multiple Document Interface"
> applications (I guess MDI interface is less popular than before).

Indeed, dviout honours window background colour (sorry for not using API
terminology), but that is the colour of the unused background where no
content is ever drawn.  What I mean is the "document colour".

> Do you think dviout should use another background color,
> or even having a choice of the background color itself?

Yes, that would be great!  Here's a proposal:

  A. Canvas colour should default to system canvas colour.
     For most people, this is white and they shouldn't notice
     any changes.

  B. Alternatively, there should be a way to specify the canvas
     colour manually.

  C  The colour should only be determined by A+B as long as
     there's no active \pagecolor specification (special?) for
     the currently visible page.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig