[dviout] ctan vs. svn

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Feb 9 02:10:12 CET 2011

Hi again,

It turns out there are numerous files in the CTAN tex318s.zip archive
that are not in svn, and vice versa.  I've attached files
ctan-not-svn.txt and svn-not-ctan.txt with the lists.

I can certainly simply add the files from the CTAN .zip into svn, but is
that really the right thing to do?  (The files only in svn don't seem
problematic.)  Are all of them still needed?

One of the files only on CTAN is copyrigh.t, which is in Japanese.  Also
attached.  What does it say?  Hopefully nothing problematic ...

Then there is the archive tex318w.zip
(http://mirror.ctan.org/dviware/dviout/tex318w.zip), which is evidently
what we actually installed in TeX Live.  At least dviout.exe will need
to be updated, of course, but does anything else need to be changed?

And there is tex318w.exe, which I assume is a self-extracting
installer.  I don't have any good way of creating that, but hopefully
isn't a problem for one of you.

Thanks,
Karl