[biblio] issue with dropping of last initial "v"

Chaudron, Michel m.r.v.chaudron at tue.nl
Thu Feb 18 09:34:45 CET 2021

Hi All

I have an issue:
My name is Michel R.V. Chaudron – e.g. 2 middle names, the last one being Vincent.
In citations of my papers, I find that my name often appears as “M.R. Chaudron” – i.e. the V has been dropped.
While this is not a huge problem, it turns out citations with this mention of my name are not counted on my conto.

I have been unable to figure our where this comes from.
I suspect people download a bib-format reference of a paper – in mycase possibly from the DBLP-archive: https://dblp.org/pid/c/MRVChaudron.html
(press at the down-pointing arrow – included an example below)

I suspect that some logic somewhere in the TeX/LaTex/Bibtex ecosystem thinks it is being smart and thinks that a ‘middle’ “V” stands for a “Von” (German) or “Van” (Dutch) as in “Von Braun” or “Van Dalen” and therefore removes the “v” from the entry.

Is this a bug? Can this be fixed somewhere?

Thanks a lot,
  Michel R. V. Chaudron

@inproceedings{DBLP:conf/wcre/KarasnehCKG16,
  author    = {Bilal Karasneh and
               Michel R. V. Chaudron and
               Foutse Khomh and
               Yann{-}Ga{\"{e}}l Gu{\'{e}}h{\'{e}}neuc},
  title     = {Studying the Relation between Anti-Patterns in Design Models and in
               Source Code},
  booktitle = {{IEEE} 23rd International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution,
               and Reengineering, {SANER} 2016, Suita, Osaka, Japan, March 14-18,
               2016 - Volume 1},
  pages     = {36--45},
  publisher = {{IEEE} Computer Society},
  year      = {2016},
  url       = {https://doi.org/10.1109/SANER.2016.104},
  doi       = {10.1109/SANER.2016.104},
  timestamp = {Wed, 16 Oct 2019 14:14:53 +0200},
  biburl    = {https://dblp.org/rec/conf/wcre/KarasnehCKG16.bib},
  bibsource = {dblp computer science bibliography, https://dblp.org}
}

Prof.dr. Michel (M.R.V) Chaudron

   Software Engineering and Technology

   PO Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
   Eindhoven University of Technology
   Visiting address Building 5, Metaforum
   Navigation De Zaale, Eindhoven
   Postal and parcel deliveries De Rondom 70, 5612 AP Eindhoven