[biblio] how not use all entries in a bibtex file?

Pedro Costa psdc1978 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:45:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

1 - I've a tex document and I bibtex file that I've copied from
previous examples. This bibtex file is huge, but most of the entries
defined there aren't referred in the tex file. Is it possible to tell
to latex to only use the referenced bibtex entries, instead of showing
all entries?

2 - How can I comment a bibtex entry? Is it like this?

/*
@article{Gettys90,
   author = {Jim Gettys and Phil Karlton and Scott McGregor},
   title = {The {X} Window System, Version 11},
   journal = {Software Practice and Experience},
   volume = {20},
   number = {S2},
   year = {1990},
   abstract = {A technical overview of the X11 functionality.  This is an update
of the X10 TOG paper by Scheifler \& Gettys.}
}
*/

--
Thanks,