[accessibility] PDF tagging form fields

Ulrike Fischer fischer at troubleshooting-tex.de
Fri Jul 23 15:36:06 CEST 2021

Hello Cory,

> Hi all, and to Ulrike Fischer,
> I hope you don’t mind me copying you directly on this post, as you
> were the one who provided insight into my question from yesterday.
> It is my understanding that the pdfmannagement package, and the
> example you used with the l3pdffield module only supports checkboxes
> at this time. Is this true?

No, text fields, radio buttons, choice fields, pushbuttons and
submit actions are also implemented. Only signature fields are still
missing.

The documentation is not yet tagged and so not very accessible. If
you know how to read a dtx-file you could look up commands there.

But be aware that tagpdf is a research tool which is part of a project
to enable LaTeX to create tagged pdf. It is quite experimental and
currently tags only simple paragraphs and links and form fields
automatically. Everything else must be done manually with commands and
requires some knowledge (and a really current latex).

Ulrike