[accessibility] Seeking Help for Producing Accessible PDF

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Fri Jun 18 20:27:52 CEST 2021

s> From: sanchit <sanchitjghule at gmail.com>
s> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 13:12:11 +0530

s> Some of the words are not read out clearly,
s> e.g "significantly = signicantly", "rifle barrel = rie barrel"

s> I guess, the character "F" and "l" is not detected for the screen reader
s> to pronounce it.

The package cmap should be able to prevent this problem:  it tells PDF
that the ligatures fl, fi etc should be interpreted as combinations of
letters fl and fi.

Can you check whether adding

\usepackage{cmap}

helps?

s> It has been observed all over the PDF. I have no idea.

s> Screen reader did not announce landmarks such as headings lists or quotes.
s> If some words are bold italic or underlined, then screen reader would
s> have detect that for me.

This is something tagpdf is intended for.  It is still in the
experimental stage; I expect more progress soon.

s> I wish I could write captions for my images, but it is overflowing.
s> I do not have enough knowledge about it, so I'll be very grateful if you
s> could suggest me how to do it.

I am not sure I understand the problem here.  Could you please
explain?

--
Good luck

-Boris

To do two things at once is to do neither.
		-- Publilius Syrus